NOTE OPERATIONS ASSISTANT
Under the supervision of department manager, Note Operations Assistant handles note related functions to ensure smooth daily operations, safe-keeps collateral documents, and maintains consistent workflow. Functions include, but not limited to, preparing accurate loan documents, boarding and servicing of various type of loans, insurance follow-up, centralized document preparation/control, payment processing, transaction callback review, general ledger balancing and monthly certifications.
• Board and fund approved commercial/mortgage loans through set-up, maintain, and safekeep loan files; enter and/or review system transactions.
• Review borrower-related legal documents submitted by loan officers and prepare loan documentation accordingly.
• Review and follow up for the title policy, UCC search and security interest perfection.
• Upkeep tickler system and follow up for pending items and loan exceptions.
• Prepare and compile various monthly and quarterly reports for loan monitoring, management reviews, or requests of accounting department, including but not limited to, Exception Reports, Unfunded Commitment, FDIC Report, Credit Administration Reports.
• Handle customer inquiries and ensure resolution of problem(s) with high service quality.
• Assist and back up International Operations to enter trade related transactions in international banking system and review transaction records to ensure timely execution.
• Accept other duties including special projects as deemed necessary by the supervisor.
Education: College graduate with a degree in business administration or accounting preferred but not mandatory.
Experience: 1-3 years of experience in general banking and/or loan boarding and funding of consumer/commercial loans.
Skills/ Ability: PC literate, organized and detailed oriented. Strong verbal and written communication skills. Comprehensive knowledge of loan terminology. Bilingual (English/Mandarin) is a plus.
American Plus Bank offers great benefits to employees including the following:
Medical, dental, and vision coverage
401(k) Retirement Plan with employer match
Vacation and sick time accrual